Thursday, August 29, 2019

My Hurricane Katrina Experience Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words

My Hurricane Katrina Experience - Essay Example Finally my family was able to move into our home only in October 2007. My family left New Orleans on August 28, 2005 to live with my uncle in Livonia, Louisiana. We stayed there until the Christmas Break. I attended the Livonia High School for one month, transferred to Catholic High in New Roads, Louisiana. While attending Livonia High School I had a very sad experience of being treated unfairly on the basis of my race. I was even called racist names by some of the fellow students. This was tearing me apart as I had never undergone such a nasty experience. At times, I used to feel very angry and started losing my temper. I felt like fighting with those students. The Peer pressure almost would have resulted in my doing something that I would have surely regretted later. I Prayed to GOD and asked him to control my temper and change the hearts of those who were treating me wrongly. My prayers were answered and after some time those who treated me wrongly became my friends. This was indeed a very frightening, fearful, and furious experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment